The second pre-release for 1.19 is now available and it comes with a bunch of bug fixes!
“Important to note is that a recent change made it possible for more types of mobs to spawn inside Nether Portals, which caused them to instantly change dimensions after spawning. We will not be making any further changes to this before the release of 1.19, but our intent for the future is to prevent most mobs from spawning in Nether Portals and the ones that do will not immediately travel through the portal. Expect to see these changes in a coming version.”
- Villagers now have the ability to re-stock trades back again.
- Goat horns can now snap on copper ore as well.
- Goats from pre-existing worlds no longer lose their horns when you load the world in this version.
- Baby goats no longer lose their horns when fed.
- Wardens despawn if they’re stuck in a liquid instead of digging away.
- Wardens are angered when hit by a projectile, even if that projectile does not deal damage.
- Ghasts now once again die when hit by a reflected fireball.
- The generic equip sound made when equipping a non-helmet on your head has been reverted. That is because the change also caused a long long list of bugs where equip sounds played where they shouldn’t.
- Including when durability changed, and when an allay got an item when filling a bucket. When switching an item between your hands, when villagers held armor, when milking an animal, when eating a stew or drinking a honey bottle, when taking a plant from a pot, when equipping or removing horse armor, when mobs picked up items, when filling a bottle and probably more.
- A number of sculk sensor bugs have also been fixed in this version for things they didn’t detect before, including stripping logs, tilling the dirt, pathing grass, villagers planting crops, snow golems placing snow layers, food being placed on a campfire, music discs being inserted or removed from a jukebox, pointed dripstone, rain or snow filling a cauldron, sweet berry bushes being harvested and copper being waxed.
- A problem with how wool occludes vibrations has also been fixed.
- Shift-clicking the destroy item button in the creative inventory no longer produces a vibration.
- There’s now also a new teleport game event that has frequency 5.
- The “It spreads” advancement no longer triggers when killing mobs that don’t drop XP, which therefore doesn’t spread sculk.
- The spawn position in void worlds is now back to being on top of the starting platform and mineshafts no longer stop at the edges of badlands biomes.
- Darkness no longer flashes when at high duration values and now renders the right way when reloading a world.
- The particles from the Warden emerging now match up with the block it emerges from properly.
- There’s a new biome tag called mineshaft_blocking. By default, it only contains the deep dark.
- Mesa mineshafts are now once again placed properly using the place structure command.
- Run_command click events now send the command in the right format.
- The Warden’s AI now works better when the mob is spawned in riding an entity. When a Warden is placed on a team with a player it will no longer afflict darkness on its teammate.
- The PersistenceRequired tag now works the way it should for Wardens.
- A number of death messages have also been introduced for edge cases where a Wither, Bee, or Warden kills a player while holding a weapon.
- This version contains crash fixes including a fix for a problem where you would get immediately disconnected from a server when previewing a command with too many entity selector results.
Get The Pre-Release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.